I wrote this last night

I like so absolutely have to share this most super-dupery time I had yesterday. I bought a multipak (why don’t they call it multi-pack?) of Cheesy Wotsits and as I sat down to enjoy them bag by miniscule bag, I had the even more delightful opportunity to peruse the amazing jokes they have printed on the back. Having not abased myself before the Altar of the Cheese Snack for an extended period of time, I was unaware of the fact that the jokes had actually been updated from the old favourites. Now, I am bearing in mind that the target audience for this particular (and all other such) snacks are the pre-career criminals (that’s before the age of 15 in this country), but even so…

Q: What is an astronaut’s favourite place on a computer?
A: The space bar.

This joke is just wrong on so many levels, I am experiencing Lost-Rambler-Syndrome just planning my descriptive path through all of them. I actually feel like Picasso must have when he looked up from his Art and realised not all people were as ugly as his mother.
(I was going to use this Wotsit story for a one line throwaway joke, but look how much mileage I got from it!)

Before I go any further, I’ve got a big shout for these mystical little people with the ears like the Palo Alto telescopes who scour the world and select the best of World Music (with capitals, mind you) for my delectation. I got to hear about Oumou Sangare, and I’m now pretty much determined to get her album. The last time I felt that way was when Zoe attacked Phil with a hot iron down at the Pub because Sheila was seeing Barry (I have no clue what I’m on about, but I’m drawing on my less-than-expert knowledge of British Soaps hoping this will draw a picture of Great Moment and Occasion for those Eastenders fans out there). No, actually it was Estrella Morente that last scared me with her…. (ooops Naz, what happened? No more adjectives?). “Where were you when KFJ died?” What about “where were you when I heard Estrella for the first time?”, eh?

Along with these gems comes an insight into altruism. As I read this book about living as a farmer/herder in Andalucia, I see the importance of sharing in the community that amongst these people doesn’t even have a name, or at best is called ‘being neighbourly’. A simple example of ‘What goes around comes around’, perhaps. And this a concept which we are still, thankfully, familiar with. Karma, I’ve heard it called.

1. You lost me at “before I go any further”. I resent the fact that your intelligence is so damn obvious on this blog. Git. And, yes, you did excite me as soon as I saw the words Zoe and Phil, but then it all went downhill again. Shame. 🙂

2. Miss Y

/  16 November, 2005

What are you talking about?! Glad to know you’re doing well though 🙂

/  16 November, 2005

How can Miss Y leave comments on Naz Kazi’s weblog but not on mine?

4. What the…??! Heya Agu! You better be careful of these poseur types! I’m the real Y and you know it! But that’s neither here nor there… I didn’t really have mucho to say… but then… you know how it is… you just feel this incredible urge to put down SOMETHING! And thereon one just hopes it’s intelligent/ funny enough… but what am I doing? There’s no point in living any longer! What a horrible post… sniff… We’ll just run along to our waspses now… oh! wait a minute! I’m not going to work today! Tada! 🙂 I’m going instead to the great land of the Indian Customs. No, I’m not gonna be learning about Indians, dumbass! I’m gonna try and collect the extra tom holder, stand and clamp that the Singaporean music store conveniently ‘forgot’ to include in the pack… I gotta tell you about the damn Customs’ customs someday… unbelievable! (sorry, couldn’t resist that one…) anyway, it’s off to the Golden Land of Incomprehensibility for me! Lucky me! 🙂
    Have fun…
    Oh! And I loved the piece about mom… hehe, she should read it some time! 😉
    So, now that I’ve typed out some gibberish here, I’m off the hook for a while and I can get back to what I can of my life… actually, let’s leave that life bit out for a while longer…
    Y? (the real one)

To leave you on a good note or two… “She’s got her hands in the cookie jar, smiling like an alligator…”

5. Bah! The type-o’s… You know… Negative and such… (lame…)
    Y?

/  17 November, 2005

This is the sixth comment. Congratulations.

7. Don’t make his ego even worse Yanni! Oh. Bugger. 🙂

8. Rach: Thanks a lot, that’s one of the best things you can say to me. And the best part is, I don’t even have to try to be clever, it’s all natural!! :p
    Miss Y: Some people seem to be under the impression that the weirder I write, the more intelligent I am. And I’m not about to dispel this myth.
    Yasso: Good to see you here honey, who else but you would remember a clapped-out, leather-clad bunch of alley cats like Skid Row? As for the typos, they’ve been ironed out by me. Ah!! the Power, THE POWER!!!!!