Women joggers

I must say, this is a sub-type of the human race that I wasn’t aware existed. I haven’t really noticed their heaving breaths, their bouncing breasts, and as for those lycra pants….

But this article in the BBC says that jogging can lead to sagging breasts in women (presumably in men too; I’m reminded of Homer Simpson discovering the joys of sports bras). Apparently, as a woman runs a mile, her breasts bounce 135 metres. Presumably they take a taxi the rest of the way to catch up with her later. With the average breast weighing 200-300 grams (figures that match independent reseach on my part) this puts a lot of stress on the connecting tissue, leading inevitably to sagging breasts. The solution is to wear a sports bra, preferably made by the company that sponsored this research (do I see a self-interest angle here?).

1. I have trouble believing this research. I mean, look at Pamela Anderson. And she was having to run miles a day for her job as a lifeguard. 🙂

2. But she ran very slowly, as I remember!

/  28 September, 2006

One of the best posts of yours so far.

4. my friend, you are completely nuts. Does the same principle apply to nuts. Perhaps you could run some tests on yourself.

5. Yasso

/  6 October, 2006

You may be my sibling and praising you might just be a way of telling myself how cool I am… but this has to be your best yet… or second best… my fav is still the Education Fund thingee… good work! Oh, yes… and 🙂

6. I really don’t see anything unusually funny about this blog. Perhaps all it is that you guys (and gals) are titillated by the tits.